Thursday, October 21, 2010

Unexpected Blessings by Gigi

[Editor's Note: We want to introduce a new poster to the blog: Gigi. Gigi is MrsB's niece. We hope that everyone will enjoy her stories as much as we do. There are more details about Gigi at the bottom of the posting for those interested in family ties.]

My cousin KimB and Aunt Marion asked if I had anything I would like to add to the family blog. Today it came to me. :)

October 16, 2010 I was flying home from a lovely cruise out of New York. I had a wonderful time and was able to visit with friends I had met a few years ago and had sailed with in the past. It was wonderful to see them again. But this is really about how wonderful the Lord has been to me in protecting me and watching my back. My son was to drive my car to LAX to pick me up but the car would not start. He took his car instead and told me in the baggage claim area that my car wouldn’t start. We speculated on what it could be and I groaned a bit......

On Monday he started the car and it turned over, he drove it to the local repair shop and asked them to check it out. It turned out that one of the battery cells would not charge and the battery needed replacing. A simple fix.

Now the way I see this is that my Lord protected me by the car not starting and then our being stranded at LAX late at night having to call the Auto Club to tow my car back to my local area which is a good hour and forty minutes away from the airport. Truly a Blessing!

This is the second time in less thirty days He has been my protector. In September I left my car parked in a lot for the week. When I returned to my car a week later I discovered I had left my driver side window down and nothing was missing from the car. I have never done this before and was upset with myself for being so careless, then I realized that I had been protected by my Lord. Again a Blessing. Truly a reason to say Thank You Lord!!!!!!!

[Who is Gigi? MrsB's late sister was Adeline. Gigi is the daughter of Adeline and Larry. She is MrsB's niece and cousin to all the children of Adeline's brothers and sisters: MrsB, Esther, Richard, Jerry, Elbert, Charles and Mickey.]


Car Battery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the frustration of dead batteries failing to start the car and on occasion, actually dying at a most inconvientt moment. Great story!