Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Welcome and Come On In!

I'm taking the fork in the road launching my family stories and would love to have you visit often. This is a new adventure for me. I hope you will find my stories and memories of interest. The people in my stories are more than just names on a genealogy chart since I have known most of the persons I write about.

Some of my stories have been told and repeated many times when older family members get together, but these stories may be new 'history' for those members scattered around the country.

Both my maternal and paternal families were early settlers and their history is the same as that of our United States. One family was from the North, one from the South; plain, working class people who believed in being self sufficient. The families they raised were part of the fabric of this country in times of Peace and times of War.

3 comments:

Kimosabe said...

great opening!

Anonymous said...

Great Start

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your stories - sounds interesting !