Sunday, April 05, 2020

My journey



My life's journey started in the state of Ol' Kentuck.
That's where I was born.

The first road I traveled on, turned north to Iowa
and its fields of growing corn.

Next came the Golden Gate, with warning sounds
of fog horns in the Bay of Californ.

A few years went by before I bid a fond farewell
to valleys and the coastline with Sequoias in-between,
as Angeles in So Cal waved good bye to me.

Now, I'm here in H-town; I've been here for a spell,
and I can tell you that,
hot, hot days and hurricanes turn Texas into Hell!

I haven't seen a Stetson or a big horned steer,
but the derricks keep on pumpin',
the astronauts keep training,
and fire ants keep making little hills.

It was easy to become addicted to the Habanero taste,
so I don't know just how long I'll be here.
I've become accustomed to the place.

No comments: