Wednesday, October 02, 2013

So How Does YOUR Garden Grow?

A. Nonymus

Salad Bar?

Recently when I was 2nd hand shopping, I saw a wonderful old hanging sign that read “Salad Bar Open”. I have taken to calling the garden the 'salad bar' ever since.

All the neighbors have been enjoying the garden too – some are foodies and chefs, so we are all following and enjoying the developments in the farm / salad bar... and especially the herbs.

I'm sure glad I enjoy the gardening – I call it my 'therapy'. One certainly doesn’t do it for saving money, but for the love of it... otherwise who would create potatoes and tomato's that cost $25 each!!

Home grown veggies do taste better, and of course you know exactly what is in them. I really enjoy the process. There is just something deeply satisfying about playing in the dirt, and creating life. The harvest is the ultimate 'pay off', but I enjoy gardening so much I'd do it for free.... oh wait... I AM doing it for free!! OMG – sometimes we actually get what we wish for!

“Manga Manga – Abondanza!!”

1 comment:

Debbie Gates said...

If you ever decide you want to grow your own plants from seed, just let me know. I have seeds from all over the world. I'm one of those "seedy" people who trade seeds. So if you're looking for something special just drop me a line and I'll find it for you.