Sunday, June 25, 2017

Plant update

I had to replace my two little Venus Fly Traps. I thought I was following the right care regime, but they died. Probably one reason for their demise was hunger. I had them sitting in a tray of water like they were in the shop, not realizing those in the shop were only temporarily sitting in water, then removed.

These two plants are not in the house. they are outside near the vegetable garden. They seemed to be thriving but they weren't eating any bugs. My son thought of putting a crumb of chocolate candy near by and that attracted a lot of ants, but they didn't crawl on the plant where they could have been trapped. Then my son put a tiny piece of fresh peach near the plants. That did the trick. Little fruit flies were attracted and now all the traps are closed. The plants are finally eating. I don't know how long it will be before they will want another meal. I have a lot to learn about these new pets.


No comments: