Thursday, December 28, 2017

Happy New Year

What's the new year going to be like? I have high hopes that it will the beginning of a peace trend. This year is leaving the country with jangled nerves caused by thoughtless tweets and innuendoes, and the new national norm of a divided citizenry.

On a more personal level, I'm glad December is over. After weeks of flu, both my son and I were able to enjoy a very nice Christmas day. Our new year, 2018, will be greeted with enthusiasm and plans for Nu-House projects.

Our Houston, Texas weather is moderate compared to that of Lake Erie. My childhood was spent in Iowa, so I know what snow is, and how deep it can get, but the snow fall in Erie is truly awesome. In an old family photo album there are several snapshots of uncles standing on 20 foot high snow drifts. Now the only snow I get to see is that in a snow globe.

I haven't made my list of resolutions yet. I always make a list of about 10 things I know I'll probably do, and call them resolutions. I actually do many of them, but this year, I haven't given much thought to them. Who know? Perhaps this year I'll just watch the television news and complain about how things are going, while I sit back and ignore all the things I feel I should be doing. Perhaps this is my own personal 'new norm'?

For those of you that read this blog, I wish you a very merry and happy New Year. May 2018 bring you fulfilled wishes and continued good health. HAPPY NEW YEAR!


No comments: