Saturday, March 31, 2018

Project Updates

Knitting:
The afghan with a Saxon Braid is looking good. I have to pay close attention to each of the 24 stitch sequences of each of the 16 row repeats, but as I progress, its getting easier. I had to backtrack so many times due to errors, that now I just take a deep breath and concentrate on counting. I have everyone trained not to chat with me while I'm working on this blue afghan. Usually I can chat and gossip when knitting, but this project requires my full attention.

Gardening:
The Kentucky Wonder beans and cucumber plantlets are now big enough to start climbing the strings attached to the top of the wooden fence. The hibiscus plant called Confederate Rose is still in the planter pot from the garden center. We haven't decided just where to plant it. It will be a focal point with its showy flowers and we don't know if we want it in the front of the house so those passing on the street can enjoy seeing it, or if we want it in the back yard to admire while we sit poolside.

Current Reading:
I'm reading a copy of the 9th printing of ISBN 0-8165-0401-6 LC#73-101103 Recollection of a Warm Springs Apache. James Kaywaykla, a Warm Spring Apache, tells the history of the Mescalero Apaches during his childhood and the warpath years of 1800s to 1886 when they were shipped to Florida. The story is about the lives of the women and children and the great chiefs as they fought to keep their freedom from confines of reservations.


No comments: