Saturday, May 12, 2018

Time

I time myself to see how long it takes me to knit a row on my Saxon Braid afghan. While doing so, I often think of the Hawkings' book, 'The Brief History of Time' That doesn't make me knit faster or slower, but I sometimes play a game about the word, Time. It's just a mental exercise I indulge in about the things we do with the word Time.

TIME
Things you can do with it Things you can't do with it
use it stop it
waste it relive it
give it inherit it
take it see it
calculate it hold it
record it stir it
plan it drag it
recall it draw or paint it
check it delay it
forget it dispense with it
miss judge it
change it
save it
lose it


I'm sure there are other words, like 'disperse' that could be added to the count but this game is not for writing down, only for thinking while knitting and/or losing a chess game on Time.

No comments: