Monday, July 24, 2006

Birthdays

Yesterday was my daughter’s birthday. As each of my children’s birthdays roll around, I take great delight in those precious memories of them as newborns and the circumstances of their birth. In my thoughts I enjoy tracing their progress from babyhood to childhood to adulthood and count myself truly blessed to have a son and a daughter.

I grew up as the oldest of eight children, five boys and three girls and have always remembered their respective birthdays. On more than one occasion though, I’ve forgotten my own and realized it days later.

I’m looking forward to my sister’s visit in a few days when we will have a small memorial birthday celebration for our mother who passed away at the age of one hundred. Dad was a hundred and one when he passed away. Assuming we have their pioneer genes, we will be celebrating our own birthdays for a few more years!

Occasionally we have read and been amused at horoscopes that flatter and predict great events in our lives. If perchance a fortune in a Chinese cookie agrees with thoughts of our own self esteem, we pretend to believe. My daughter and mother shared the same Zodiac sign, Leo the Lion. Sometimes their horoscopes seem to be right on the button about their personalities and activities and never failed to bring a smile and add fun to their special day.



Golden Fortune CookieGolden Fortune Cookie

editors note: MrsBizzyB recently celebrated her 84th birthday... I'd say she has those Pioneer Genes for sure!

No comments: