Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bocelli

As I listened to an Andrea Bocelli concert this evening, I thought of my sister, Adeline. She is the one that told me how much she liked his voice and since then, we both have enjoyed listening to him at every opportunity. Adeline and I have spent hours sitting enraptured while listening and or watching Bocelli, as well as the famous Three Tenors, when she visited me or when I visited her.

As long as I can remember, Adeline remembered lyrics to all the pop songs and honky-tonk songs we heard on the radio. In her later years she had a collection of country western songs and she subscribed to magazines about the performers, their lives and careers.

Many times I helped Adeline gather up records she had checked out of the local library that were due to be returned and after turning them in, helped her to pick out another load to take home to listen to. I particularly remember her love of Broadway musicals.

Adeline had an average singing voice, but my sister Esther has a very nice singing voice but her progressive hearing loss prevents her from enjoying the music she loves so much.

Listening to music that I know my sisters loved always brings me double pleasure.

No comments: