Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Spelling

I can't spell worth a darn! I blame it on the silent letters we have in English. Thank heavens we have spell checkers on our computers. Why do we have so many silent 'haches', 'esses' and 'dubbyas' ?


CNR C0d3s
CNR C0d3s
I always have to look in the dictionary for the correct spelling of words like rhyme and rhythm. Besides learning how a word is spelled, you also have to learn how to pronounce it. And we also contend with words being spelled differently but pronounced alike.

Sometimes we change our minds and switch from silent to pronounced letters. Not many years ago the 't' in often was silent, but today its pronounced. All the letters in the English alphabet can be silent and one can find many sites on the internet listing examples from a to z.

Txt messaging, called, txtese is a spelling shortcut. Simple and to the point. I think I discovered it back in the third grade. At last! I finally get to use it in my old age when I txt my sister.

Txt C0d3s
Txt C0d3s

No comments: