Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Recipe Box: Meatballs and Grape Jelly

Meatballs and Grape Jelly
From the recipe box of MrsB

My sister had never heard of a meatballs and grape jelly recipe. I had learned of the recipe many years ago from Aunt Elizabeth when Adeline and I attended the birthday party Elizabeth had for cousin Paul's 40th birthday. The meatballs, plus other goodies were served buffet style and were so delicious I asked for the recipe. Its a simple and easy recipe.

1 12oz jar barbecue sauce
or
1 12 oz jar of chili sauce
1 12 oz jar of grape jelly
1 16 oz pkg frozen meat balls

  1. Combine one of the sauces and grape jelly and bring to a low simmer.
  2. When jelly is melted, add thawed meatballs and simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
  3. Meat balls can be served from a crock pot on low temperature.

I personally prefer using barbecue sauce


Meatballs with Grape Jelly
Meatballs with Grape Jelly

No comments: