Wednesday, May 20, 2015

So How Does YOUR Garden Grow?

MrsB

I've started my spring planting by propagating leaves from my African Violet. It will be several weeks before I know the results. The leaves of the Christmas cactus that I started rooting a few weeks ago are thriving and almost ready to give to family members who want a clone of the plant Mom had enjoyed for so many years.

I can hardly call my efforts to propagate various plants real gardening. Putting an avocado seed in a glass of water until it roots, dipping violet leaves in rooting hormone, then planting it in a pot, or cloning a Christmas cactus is not what I consider gardening.

As the days warm, bedding plants will have priority over avocado seeds. Weather reports will be closely monitored. After all the plants and seeds have been planted, a waiting game commences with fingers crossed for a harvest looking like seed catalog photos.

These world famous gardens are inspiration to achieve the best garden possible.


Keukenhof Garden


Suan Nong Nooch


Shalimar Garden


No comments: