Sunday, November 26, 2017

1st Thanksgiving

We celebrated our first Thanksgiving in the Gnu-house with all the 'usual' fix-ins.  We even had two kinds of cranberries, relish and sauce.  That's high livin' if you ask me.  After finishing all the leftovers, we followed my brother, Charles' tradition of serving Chili.  Charles always teased us by saying it was a 3 or 4 alarm; but there was an off chance that he was actually serious, and we had to wait for the tasting to be certain. 

We are still unpacking boxes.  I'm not doing any of the work, I'm leaving that to others. I'm sitting poolside while the weather is so lovely and either knit or read my nook.  The nook was a  present from my daughter, her husband and my son when my kindle stopped working.  I had to go to Barns & Noble and take a class to learn how the nook works and I'm still getting the hang of it. There are lots of aps on it that I have to learn.  I like getting library books at any hour and any day.

I finally got my old phone number back.  After cancelling the Comcast TV service, and going with another TV service,   AT&T had to give us temporary numbers until Comcast relinquished our old numbers, (the ones we had for years and years).  I suppose it was because of all the data gathering that goes on now.  Between all the data gathering and the constant advertising and touting of businesses, I long for the old days of life without digital progress.  Maybe we should get back to teaching cursive?  Maybe I would have to hold a real book to read a novel....  Are those days gone forever?  

No comments: