Sunday, March 01, 2020

Television

I've been glued to the TV screen, watching the presidential candidates vie for delegates while knitting a colorful afghan.  Just as I knitted the last row and finished weaving the yarn ends in, the news switched to the coronavirus outbreak.  Now I'm glued to the TV screen listening for every last scrap of news about the infection spreading so quickly to so many countries and the frantic rush to create a vaccine.  Its a scary prospect to think the virus can be so invasive, especially since we don't know how it's transmitted.

I'll start another knitting project while listening to the news.  This time I'll practice Portuguese knitting, which is only one of many ways to knit.  It's supposed to be a faster way of knitting and maybe by the time I finish a scarf, a vaccine will have been found for the coronavirus.

 

  

No comments: