Monday, November 14, 2011

My Pen by KimB


My Pen

With my pen I do write,
Although, oblivous to the night,
Of poetry so mild and sweet,
Who's words do rhyme and do meet,
In occasional sentences,
Of remose and repentences.

My pen goes on without a thought
Of what to write and what to not.
Should I write of gallant souls
Who fight and struggle in Death's throws,
Or of a soul who's lost in vain,
Or of a love who's found the same?

Ever onward goes my pen,
Pausing every now and then.
And then with faster speed ascends,
To hurry and put down this night,
Whatever words it thinks to write.

Ever faster my pen goes
Into every space it flows,
The ink and words without space or time,
Who's only ends are words that rhyme.

KimB circa 1969

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Very nice. Great rhymes.

This could be a wonderful greeting card to send to any and all writers.

Thank you for posting!

Anonymous said...

What an interesting poem! I especially like several of the verses.