Saturday, June 15, 2013

Desks

My desk doesn't have drawers like a traditional desk. It's a table top with a pull out ledge that is only wide enough to hold a computer keyboard. I didn't realize how cluttered it looked until I took a photo of it the other day.

Actually, the clutter is organized. Adding a second computer to the desk top increased the number of cords and plug-ins that had to be pushed aside, but when I added the large flat screen TV that connected to one of the computers, things really got squeezed.

It has taken years to achieve this combination of what I call my 'comfort and proficiency' zone. I can't enumerate the items I have on the shelf above the computers. Some items have been there so long I have forgotten their purpose, but they were important at one time, and they might still be important, so it's best to leave them as is.


My Messy Desk
My Messy Desk

No comments: