Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Root Canal

I'm scheduled to have a root canal. I'm not looking forward to it.

At this time in my life, I've already exceeded my misery quotient and I need another bout of misery like a hole in the head... or a drilled hole in a tooth.

This all came about when I experienced a mild tooth ache while eating supper several weeks ago. The discomfort seemed to come and go, but persisted over several days so I made an appointment to see the dentist. I was told that the toothache was the type that would come and go but that I actually needed a root canal.

As I left the dentist's office, I was undecided on my next move, but in the back of my mind I knew I'd end up having the root canal. Of course I tried to put it off for as long as possible. The big decision was when to have it, before or after, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I like eating holiday meals and I didn't want to start the new year sitting in the dentist's chair, so the only logical decision was to go ahead and bite the bullet, so I made the appointment. Thank heavens I'll have time to summon up the courage, and if all goes well, I'll enjoy Thanksgiving dinner.

Dental Tools
Dental Tools


No comments: