Wednesday, September 29, 2021

1933 Helms Coach - First Drive under it's own power in 45 ish years ! by R Cane

Update - September 2021 

This is my 1933 Divco 'Twin Coach' - used by Helms Bakery in LA from 1931 to 1969 when the fleet of 200 was sold off .. most went to scrap .. this is a real survivor - owned by one family for 55 ish years .. I found it in the high California desert last year - goal is to restore to original - including the incredible original wooden drawers for baked goods .. stay tuned .. 




"... on the road again !..." 



Keep On Truckin' !

1 comment:

Molly hyman said...

Part of the restoration of my 1936 #147 Helms coach are the decals. My husband had them ALL reproduced, and I have them. Should you be interested, let me know. You can write me at Molatsdh@gmail.com and I will be very happy to work with you.