Saturday, September 17, 2005

Trip Plans

My plans for this trip began several weeks ago when Loretta W, a cousin, invited me to visit. She told me she was researching the family tree, and would like me to join her so we could work together. I never need an excuse to travel, but her mention of genealogy activated my research addiction and I readily accepted her invitation.

My trip will start Monday, September 19, 2005 at 6:30 am. A neighbor will drive me to the Greyhound bus station on Interstate 10 to catch the bus for the three hour drive to Houston, Texas. I’ll spend the rest of the day and evening with my son. Tuesday morning he will drive me to Hobby airport for the Southwest 11:30 am flight to Phoenix, Arizona arriving there at 1:30 pm. A shuttle van will take me to Prescott, Arizona where Loretta will meet me 3:30 pm and drive us to her house in Paulden, Arizona.

I’ll be exchanging Texas humidity and night temperatures of 80; and day temperatures of 97 for 40 to 50 degree days and nights. My plan to travel light is easier said than done, but I’m determined to ‘under’ pack rather than ‘over’ pack. I want to eliminate as much baggage as possible so I don’t have to stand and wait in long lines at security check in.

I’ll write of my adventures and the progress Loretta and I make in our research of family history, so do come back and read about my travels. Thanks to all my readers for your interest in my stories.

No comments: