Thursday, October 22, 2009

At the Lake Part 3 - A Change in Plans

[note: This is an 8 part story written by my sister Esther.]

It was the best time together with all my children and the two grand children. Which was the good part, but then the bad part came. Vernon had to be rushed to the emergency room and from there they admitted him to a room and they did not let him go for three days. The doctor said “No traveling”. The doctor suggested Vernon find a fishing hole big enough to keep him happy. And that's he did! He found it at Toledo Bend Lake. In the parish of Sabine in the town of Many, Louisiana. It is a beautiful place and great for fishing. It’s well know for the good fishing.

Now we had to do some quick thinking. We would have to continue to live in the travel trailer, now parked at the new lake property. It would do but it did not give us room to have company. Thank goodness the butane did operate the stove and hot water and as Vernon did have power service installed to our site, we could have our air conditioner and central heat when needed. He also had to install a disposal sewage filter station. Then we started to live where Vernon needed to live.

Although I had given up all my furniture, which I did not have room for, I did manage to keep most of my crafts. These would keep me busy when Vernon would be on the lake. I had to put it away when we ate, because the trailer was sort of built in yet could be taken apart and made into beds if needed. Knowing I needed to have a place to put away the craft supplies when not working them made it difficult for me. Just getting it out or putting it away was a big job. Yes, I did have the energy to do it each time as I had nothing else to do, and staying busy is better than complaining. I was not blessed with my sister’s art painting. I did needle work: embroidery, knitting, crochet, counted cross stitch, quilting and sewing my clothes.


Toledo Bend Resevoir Map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...we're on the edge of our chairs ... and then what happened ? ...

We love the suspense - You're the best ! Thanks

Two Secret Admirers