Tuesday, October 20, 2009

At the Lake Part 2 - The Travel Trailer

[note: This is an 8 part story written by my sister Esther.]

The first thing we did was look for a travel trailer. There were so many trailer lots to look at and finally, I let Vernon look for himself with my list of wants. When he did find one that looked likely, he would take me and I would either OK it or let him look further. Finally, he did find one and it was perfect for what we could be comfortable in. The next job was to outfit it and that’s when he left me to do it. Yes! He found it! ... I packed it! Guess you know how we worked together now.

I did have a lot of shopping to do, and it was so nice to be able to find what was needed and add some small items to make it our new life style: fishing and roaming everywhere.

We had to give the furniture to the children. They took what they could. From the kitchen and bathroom, I took what I could and the rest was up for grabs to who ever wanted what. I wore myself out and was glad we now had a date set to leave. We planned a nice supper out with the children at a nice restaurant. Every one wanted sea food. So we went to Don’s Sea Food House. Where we gathered to enjoy being together one more time. Then we were going to leave very early the next morning and start living on the road. All the goodbyes were said and every one left to go home.


Map of the USA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terrific !!

Now ... we've got our bags packed .. and we're sittin' by the door ... where are we goin? ... and when? yee-haw! ... this is FUN!

We LOVE this!! ...yea!!

C'mon part 'next'

the Two Fans -- most anxiously awaiting the next installment...