Saturday, July 09, 2011

Laughing

I have the giggles. I get them from time to time and almost any little thing can set me into a paroxysm.

This morning while talking on the phone, I was bragging on myself as I told my son how pleased I was to learn the Norwegian purl. “Norwegian purl” refers to a knitting stitch but to a person unfamiliar with knitting terminology, it sounds like an alien learning English. He had no idea what I was talking about and I before I had time to explain, he quoted Mark Twain saying, “and the opera is great until they start to sing”. On came the giggles.

Those instantaneous moments when my brain recognizes the crossing of two frivolous thoughts, mine and the other person's, I break into laughter.

The other night I woke myself up from a sound sleep laughing. I don't know what I was dreaming that was so funny, but I was really laughing out loud. On many occasions the remembering of a particularly funny moment can make me start giggling and those around me wonder what in the world I'm laughing about.

I do laugh a lot. Its better than medicine when sharing with another person a hearty laugh over something nonsensical and absurd that that has tickled our funny bone. I even laugh at myself. Reflection of some of my past adventures, opinions, and actions, often brings a smile and if relating them to someone else, will get a big laugh in response.

Thank heaven I got bunched in with a family that has a great sense of humor.


What? Me fly to Hogwarts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha .. tee he he ROFL !!!