Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So How Does YOUR Garden Grow?

A. Non

A Garden is simply a wonderful thing. Abounding with lush vegetables and fruits, we nourish our hearts, souls, and tummy's with delicious fresh goodies – just picked at peak ripeness and flavor. Sadly, that’s not our update.

Just picture a cornucopia of fresh garden veggies and herbs – all so fantastic for a quick snack or salad. Using just the perfect touch of fresh herbs in those special meals. Nothing is better than eating a juicy ripe tomato or cucumber right off the vine. Imagine lovely and succulent strawberries - so tasty they can hardly get inside the house without being devoured. Sorry, that’s not our update either

The dream lives on however. Our garden still remains a dream. I dream about it constantly, but so far we haven't planted anything in the rock hard soil.... but, I insist that we are actually still only in the 'planning stage', in spite of being gently reminded that perhaps these plans might be better reserved for next year!?. That’s closer to our update.

The lack of a garden reminds me of an old blues song which goes … “ain't no reason to work so hard … when I can live off the chickens in my neighbors' yard” …. perhaps we could reach across the fence to the neighbors lush and juicy tomatoes....IF only they had any too!? Nobody here has a garden, because of the drought and the high fines for watering gardens..

Well actually – at this point I've calculated that we only really need to grow ONE really grand tomato... you know a super monster one ton tomato … kinda like that old folk song … 'Guantanamara' …. which I believe goes loosely like … “one-ton-tomato .. I-ate-a-one-ton-tomato … “ Yum yum. Alas … that’s all the updatin' we can offer for now....

Happy gardening – where ever you are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a one ton tomato
I hope I never seen one
But I can tell you this
I'd rather see than be one.