Saturday, October 01, 2011

Plan D

I finally decided on the Log Cabin Star design, which was Plan D, for the knitted queen size blanket, and purchased Super Saver yarn, choosing colors in that category’s limited palette.

Because each of the 16 squares will be large, I chose three colors of dark and 3 colors of light to surround the red center. The colors are 'no dye lot', which means any additional skeins needed will match the color I'm using.

Of course I had to get started knitting once I had the yarn, and without qualms or hesitation I picked up my knitting needles and the red yarn. Blessed are beginners with their confidence, their lack of experience not withstanding.

After knitting the first log color, I was off to a good start. It wasn't until I was almost finished with the first square of the blanket that I discovered an error made soon after beginning the work. EGADS!

I didn't want to rip out those hours of knitting, but neither did I want the error to extrapolate. I fudged a few stitches here and there until the error wasn't too noticeable and finished the square.

One down and 15 more to go.

Plan D Log Cabin Knit Square
Plan D Log Cabin Knit Square


No comments: