Sunday, December 25, 2011

Tribal Travels, Musings, and Jawbone Canyon Chapter 10 - Epilogue by R. Cane

I hope these reminiscences have offered a pleasant glimpse into our tribe's wonderful travels back in the good ol' days. These and other travels with the family brought me to the early conclusion that 'Travel', per se, was the very best educator - for those receptive to the wonders of new horizons.

Sadly, I was never able to actually get to Jawbone Canyon (yep… vetoed for 'another time and trip' by Grams, The Decider), however I hear it's become quite a popular get-away place, and worth the effort to get there. So... now we have come full circle - to the part where I finally have a dog in the game! It's my turn to offer suggestions for the best roads to get you there... pay attention here, and don't miss the connections.... To get there, AND make the best time (most important of course) take...

… I-10 to 395 and take a right before 6 (approx. 100m) there's a good stretch where you can do 70...watch for the turn off at the home made motorcycle sign (where the old gas station used to be) continue until you find paradise – about 100m at 60mph – ( voice fades out here still rattling off numbers)...

Well… y'all get the idea by now… Do send a postcard if you ever make it there – I have heard there might be some good jawbones to be found by those with keen eyes… and good hearts!

It has been nice going back to these dear memories, and fun sharing my musings about a most wonderful and carefree time in my life.

Happy Travels!

[Editor's note: This story was written by R. Cane and is the last of a 10 story series.]

Jawbone Canyon Sign

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I waited for each chapter to see what was coming next. I loved every word! I hope I can have the pleasure of reading more of your posts.