Wednesday, September 04, 2013

To Bomb Syria: Yes or No?

The air waves are full of discussion about bombing Syria, pro and con. I'm surprised we are even discussing it. The general public rarely gets an opportunity to voice an opinion one way or the other. I think we Americans love military operations since we have had so many of them. I was curious about the number of U S wars and 'Police Actions' so I went to duckduckgo.com to find out.

I was flabbergasted at the number of web sites listing them and even more astonished when I perused some of them. Many web sites have comprehensive lists of military involvement starting with the American War of Independence, September 1, 1774. The American War Library lists: Year, Location, Killed, Wounded, Cost.

Of my family, my husband, one sister and four of five brothers and are buried in U S National Cemeteries.

How do you think I will vote?
  • List of wars involving the United States
  • American War Library
  • American Military History
  • New and Recent Conflicts of the World
  • American History Timeline

  • 1 comment:

    Mike Hausman said...

    I'm against involvement. The gas attacks are horrible but we need to stay out. Perhaps giving military aid, but no personnel on the ground.