Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Theater: Backwards in High Heels by Richard

[Editor's Note: We want to introduce a new poster to the blog: Richard. Richard is MrsB's brother. Richard and his wife Frances are avid theater goers and have agreed to share some of their theater experiences with us. We hope that everyone will enjoy his posts as much as we do. There are more details about Richard at the bottom of the posting for those interested in family ties.]

My wife, Frances, and I belong to San Jose Repertory Theatre and for many years have enjoyed going to the theater.

Recently we enjoyed seeing Backwards in High Heels a story about Ginger Rogers life and how she became star. The stage, the costumes, the actors the dancing and the music was wonderful to watch. The song and dances just kept coming for 2 hours.

They included the following:
  • Lets call the whole thing off
  • Shall we dance
  • Fascinating rhythm
  • They all laughed
  • I got rhythm
  • Embraceable you
  • We're in money
  • Lets face the music and dance
  • Change partners
  • Fine romance
  • Pick your self up
  • Baby face
These are the songs I enjoyed the most. If you get a chance to see it, I know you will enjoy it as much as we did.


[Who is Richard? Richard is one of MrsB's brothers. MrsB's other brothers and sisters are Esther, Adeline, Jerry, Elbert, Charles and Mickey. Richard is uncle to all of their children.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for the nice comments about my show - I am really proud of it. And it is very gratifying for myself and Lynnette to hear from actual audience members that they enjoyed the show. THOSE are the critics I really care about. And you have quite the jewel of a theatre there in your community. Keep supporting the performing arts...and many thanks!! Your post made my day.

All The Best
Christopher

Unknown said...

My parents love live theater and are also avid movie goers. I have to check with them as to the "worthiness" of any given film. They see every new release. I recall as a young girl watching big screen debuts at the local cinema with my box of popcorn nestled in my lap, Mom to the left and Dad to the right, waiting for the lights to dim, the previews to be over and the main attraction to begin.