Saturday, August 13, 2011

One of 'Those Days'

I can tell this is going to be one of 'those days'. Little quirks are popping up and changing the smoothness of my routines. Nothing major, just little indications that this is going to be one of 'those days'.

It all started when I dropped one of my medicine pills on the floor. Ordinarily that's a trifle but it was a tiny gray pill and the floor linoleum is the same gray color. And to top it off, today is the day I take only half of that pill which makes it even tinier. I finally found it.

After taking my meds, I started the coffee pot and went to the computer to check email while the coffee was being made. There wasn't any email, so I went back to the kitchen to get my morning coffee and discovered the circuit breaker had tripped and the coffee maker had stopped half way thru the process.

What to do Percy? What to do?

I pouted, that's what I did. I felt sorry for myself. I wanted my morning coffee and it was not going to happen until I could get someone who knew how to check the circuit breakers for the apartments. I was forced to be patient, and eventually someone did come along, and I got my coffee.

Then I settled down to my computer with my favorite coffee mug full of steaming hot coffee and signed into the chess server as usual. I like to play chess in the mornings while I drink my coffee and it wasn't long before I was in a game with a player from China.

The game was going well for both of us and some where in the middle game I began to make headway. Slowly but surely I was making the right moves and getting the upper hand. The opponent was a good player so I had to really work to keep my advantage. As the game went on, I maneuvered into a winning position and the game was a win for me as I made the next move. Then the computer dropped my piece! The game was over and I had lost!

It's ONE OF THOSE DAYS!

One of Those Days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now this is the kinda stuff we like to hear about... we love these stories. This is not just 'one of those stories' !!

This made it not 'one of those days' for us as well ... thank you and keep posting!