Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Recipe Box: Green Chicken Chili


Green Chicken Chili
From the recipe box of MrsB

While Esther and I talked recipes, I told her about a soup I had when I lunched at Luby's the other day. It was called Green Chicken Chili . I Googled Luby's for the recipe and discovered they have several variations of the recipe. The kind I had was White Green Chicken Chili with a creamy milk base.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
3/4cup all purpose flour
2 cups milk
3cups chicken broth
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1//2 cup chopped green chilis
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of garlic powder

Preparation
  1. Over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Add milk and chicken broth, stirring to avoid lumps.
  2. Reduce heat, add chicken and chilies. Bring to simmer and serve.
  3. The more chilis added, the spicier the soup.
  4. Optional: Heavy whipping cream and a can of green enchilada sauce.

Green Chicken Chile
Green Chicken Chile

No comments: